Não Resolvido

R

1 Rookie

• 

6 Mensagens

15 de abril de 2024 14:31

Power Input Lost - Status 0x2842 Input 0x8

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a refurbished PowerEdge R620 Power Supply.

The server had two working 750W 06W2P power supply units.

Same part number on both, same FW version shown (69.45.99).

After a power failure only the PS2 came up, PS1 was offline (no light, no power).

I ordered a new power supply from our local dealer also 750W same part number.

After installing the new power supply, it remained offline - no light. Looking at idrac and logs I see the power supply installed, it reports everything correctly, including the same FW version, but the power supply goes offline (power input for power supply 1 is lost).

I tried swapping PS1 and PS2 - its always the same PSU that turns on. Tried with the old and the new power supply, the error is always the same (0x2842 and input goes 0x8).

I tried swapping the power cables, plugged one of the PSU to a different circuit, rebooted the server don't know how many times, it's always the same PSU that works independently of its position or where is connected to.

I'm completely out of ideas and would kindly request the community knowledge helping me overcome this situation. Thank you.

• 

3.3K Mensagens

15 de abril de 2024 19:43

Hello,

It appears that the power supply is not providing any output current (IOUT = 0x0) or voltage (VOUT = 0x0). Additionally, the temperature, fan, and input status are all at their lowest values.

If I read it correct you have already tried these steps. Can you confirm?:

*Tried different cable and power source.

*Single refurb PSU in slot 1 and slot 2, issue remains.

*Try existing PSU in slot 1 and slot 2 works in both.

I see in one image the PSU firmware are matching. That is good.

Make sure your iDRAC firmware is up to date and check results.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Mensagens

16 de abril de 2024 11:31

Hi Charles, good morning

So the values you mention I can see on the lifecycle log that the PSU that is working correctly is displaying those values all as 0x0.

Even scrolling back to when both PSU's were working fine, it also shows all values as 0x0.

It's only the faulty PSU that is giving out values different than 0, in this case Status is 0x2482 and Input is 0x8.

So far I've been assuming the result 0 represents OK (no errors).

In the part of the log I pasted earlier, you can see that it is the faulty PSU that changes values to those different than zero.

About the tests you're suggesting:

• different cables and power source: I tried different cables and I did try different power source (another independent circuit)
  • Single PSU either slot 1 or 2 - nothing
  • having the PSU's change their positions I already did that and the results are always the same, the working PSU is always the one working, and the replacement never turns on

About firmware:

BIOS Version 2.9.0
Firmware Version 2.65.65.65
Lifecycle Controller Firmware 2.65.65.65

• 

3.3K Mensagens

16 de abril de 2024 12:39

Hello,

Seeing the issue follow the one PSU I would say it needs to be replaced.

See if you can get an exchange on the PSU you purchased.

Nenhum evento encontrado!