To post on the Dell Community you must be a registered user
and logged in. If you are not a registered user please review the Create an
1. To create a post choose the appropriate forum
from the drop down list.
2. Once at the correct board click New Post.
When you click on new post a list will
appear. In the list will include Forums, File Gallery, or Wiki where a post can
Forums are for questions and discussions between
The file gallery is for posting an image of a
system for clarification.
- NOTE: Images that are unrelated to the topic will be
Wikis are where users can collaborate together
and write step-by-step instructions to resolve a problem.
- NOTE: Any
wikis created asking for help will be removed and the user asked to post on the
3. Fill in the thread information.
Each tab has different options:
- Subject - Specifies the post
- Tags - Specifies tags used
for the post. You can click Select Tags to find tags that have already
been used with forum posts.
- Email me replies to
this post - Specifies whether
you will receive notification when a user replies to the post.
- Do not allow replies -
Specifies whether users can reply to the post
- Include a Poll in this Post - Specifies whether you want to
include a poll question with your post. When you click the checkbox,
additional fields display on the page.
- Question - Specifies the poll question.
- Description - Describes the poll question.
- Answers - Provides the user with options
for answering the poll question.
- Add Answer - Allows you to add a poll
- Expires - Specifies the number of days
the poll question will display with the post.
Shows you what the post will look like before you publish
4. Once you are ready to
post your thread click Post
located at the bottom.