This blog is a forum for the Dell investing community and for Dell IR to address topics on Dell's business performance and strategy. It is not intended to provide the first announcement of material information or developments about Dell. Instead, it is a forum to answer questions and discuss matters previously announced through other channels or that are not themselves considered material information under securities laws, even though the matters may be important to you.
By reading or posting content to this blog:
- You agree not to make investment decisions based on the content of the blog.
- You agree that all opinions expressed by users of the blog are expressed in their individual capacities, and not as representatives of Dell.
By posting content to this blog:
- You agree that a posting on this blog does not constitute notice to Dell for any legal purposes.
- You authorize Dell to reject your posting, remove your posting at any time, and republish your posting (in edited or unedited format) at any time and in any medium without any obligation to compensate you for the posting.
- You represent that you are not a Dell employee.
You should read our press releases, financial reports, and filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission available elsewhere on our website at www.dell.com/investor or http://www.sec.gov/. Each blog post speaks only at the time it was made and may not be correct now. We disclaim any duty to update our blogs.
Our blog posts, press releases, financial reports, filings with the SEC, presentations, interviews and the other information provided on our website may contain forward-looking statements, including statements about our plans, intentions, or expectations. Because these statements are about possible future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause those events not to occur or to differ significantly from what we expected when we made our statements. Some of the significant risks that may cause the information on which our expectations are based to change are found in our filings with the SEC.
Relevance. Comments must be relevant. This blog is a forum for us to answer investor questions and discuss investor matters. We will post only those comments that we believe are relevant to and appropriate for the Dell investor community. We will not post or comment on unrelated matters, intra-quarter business performance or third party solicitations.
Respect. Our goal is to maintain a blog that is respectful of our investors, members of the public, our competitors, and us. With this in mind, we will not permit comments that in our judgment are disrespectful in any way, including comments that:
- are obscene, promote racism, prejudice, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harass or advocate harassment of another person or organization;
- contain nudity, violence or offensive subject matter;
- promote information that we believe is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- allege violations of law, inappropriate behavior or any other misconduct;
- exploit people in a sexual, violent or other manner not respectful of human rights;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities, such as making or buying illegal weapons or violating someone's privacy;
- solicit passwords or personal information from others for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- knowingly introduce viruses, worms, harmful code or Trojan horses on the Internet; or
- involve commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, bartering, advertising or pyramid schemes.
Copyright. Please do not post any content (e.g., book quotes, logos, etc.) that is the property of another individual or company. We will refuse to post, or may delete, any comment or portion of a comment that we believe may violate the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person or organization.
All Dell names, copyrights and trademarks are the property of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
We respect your privacy. We require that you provide your first name, last name and email address when posting a comment. We request this information both to deter automated submission of a posting and because we may include that information in postings on this blog. Because this blog is a public forum, please do not post or supply any personal information that you wish to keep private. If you submit a posting and include the name of another person we may delete it to protect the privacy of that person.
This blog is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we prohibit any child from using this blog or any individual from posting any content directed at children.
All postings to the blog are transferred to and maintained in the United States of America, which is where the blog is located.
Dell Employees. While Dell employees may not post comments, they are encouraged to read the Dell Shares blog, and encouraged to communicate via such channels as Employee Storm or other internal blogs.
Reporting of Concerns to Independent Directors or the Audit Committee. As noted above, a posting on this blog does not constitute notice to Dell for any legal purposes. Anyone who has a concern about Dell's conduct, accounting, financial reporting, internal controls or auditing matters may communicate that concern directly to the independent directors (through the Presiding Director) or to the Audit Committee (through the committee chair). See Corporate Governance Principles.
Use of Content. It may take a couple of days for your posting to appear, especially on weekends, or it may not be published at all. We may choose not to respond to your comments, or we may respond to some comments or questions either individually or as a cluster of comments or questions about the same topic. Based on our guidelines regarding "Respect", we may decide not to publish your posting, and we may cite only some of your posting in our comments or responses.
We reserve the right to use blog comments, ideas, suggestions, products or services that are posted on this blog without any obligation to compensate the individual or entity that provided the comment or suggestion.
This blog is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Dell makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the blog's operation or the information, content or materials included in the blog. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Dell hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Dell will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use the blog.
Governing Law and Venue
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS AND ITS VALIDITY, CONSTRUCTION AND EFFECT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND ENFORCED PURSUANT TO THE SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT ALL LEGAL PROCEEDINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE ENFORCEMENT, CONSTRUCTION, INTERPRETATION, BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN AUSTIN, TRAVIS COUNTY, TEXAS AND THAT JURISDICTION AND VENUE ARE PROPER IN SUCH COURTS.